Dear Readers Welcome to our new post, in this episode, we have discussed in detail about Indian History Top 15 GK Questions and Answers which are very useful for UPSC-Prelims, SSC, State Services, NDA, CDS, and Railway etc. competitive exams.
Indian History Top 15 GK Questions and Answers
- The people of Indus valley Civilization were not familiar with:
Ans. (d) iron
- Mohanjodaro is situated in-
Ans. (c) Sindh
- The Harappan people had trade relations with :
Ans. (d) Sumer
- Carbon dating method places the date of Indus Valley Civilization at
(a) 3500 to 2500 BC
(b) 3000 to 2500 BC
(c) 2500 to 1500 BC
(d) 2250 to 1750 BC
Ans. (c) 2500 to 1500 BC
- The Indus Valley Civilization is also known as:
(a) Sindhu culture
(b) Harappan culutre
(c) Pre-historic culture
(d) Neolithic culutre
Ans. (b) Harappan culutre
- Which was the port town of Indus Valley Civilization?
Ans. (d) Lothal
- The excavation of Mohanjodro in 1922 for Indus Valley Civilization was under the supervision of:
(a) D.R. Sahani
(b) V.A. Smith
(c) R. D. Banerji
Ans. (c) R. D. Banerji
- According to whom the original home of the Aryans was Central Asia.
(a) G.B. Tilak
(b) Max Muller
Ans. (b) Max Muller
- The Aryans settled in:
(b) Valley of Ganga & Yamuna
(d) Valley of Indus
Ans. (c) Punjab
- Which of the following is not a Veda.
Ans. (d) Upanishada
- following is considered the oldest among Which of the the Vedas?
(a) Rig Veda
(b) Sam Veda
(c) Yajur Veda
(d) Atharva Veda
Ans. (a) Rig Veda
- Gautam Buddha, the son of Shakya King and Mayadevi, born in 563 B.C. at:
(b) Lumbini (near Kapilvastu)
Ans. (b) Lumbini (near Kapilvastu)
- Which one is not a part of Four Truth of Buddha:
(a) The world is full of misery
(b) The cause of misery is desire
(c) Misery can be averted by controlling desire.
(d) The desire can be suppressed by meditation
Ans. (d) The desire can be suppressed by meditation
- Who among the following was sent by Ashoka to Srilanka to preach Buddhism?
Ans. (d) Mahendra
- In which language did Buddha preach:
Ans. (a) Pali