Dear Readers Welcome to our new post, in this episode, we have discussed in detail about Indian History Top 15 GK Questions and Answers MCQ which are very useful for UPSC-Prelims, SSC, State Services, NDA, CDS, and Railway etc competitive exams.
Indian History Top 15 GK Questions and Answers MCQ
- Which of the following statement is wrong about Buddha:
(a) Gantam attained enlightenment under a Pipal tree near Gaya in 531B.C
(b) Budha gave his first sermon of Sarnath in a gathering of 5 ascetic Brahmans.
(c) Buddha preached about four noble truth and eight fold path.
(d) Buddha believed in castism and it was part of his doctrine.
Ans. (b) Budha gave his first sermon of Sarnath in a gathering of 5 ascetic Brahmans.
- Jainism believes in twenty four Tirthankaras last of whom was Mahavira.
Who was the first
Ans. (b) Rishabhdev
- Mahavira the son of Siddhartha who was Kshatriya a tribe Janatrika was bom in 599 B.C. at:
(a) Kundagrama near Vaishali
Ans. (a) Kundagrama near Vaishali
- Which of the following is not a ‘triratna’ of Jainism?
(a) Right Worship
(b) Right faith
(c) Right knowledge
(d) Not dissolved
Ans. (a) Right Worship
- Which of the following is wrong about Jainism
(a) Mahavira believed the theory of Karma and transmigration of soul.
(b) The vital doctrine of Jainism is Ahimsa or non-injury to anyone
(c) Mahavir Swami believed in castism like Brahmanism
(d) Mahavir was from a royal family of Jantric clan.
Ans. (c) Mahavir Swami believed in castism like Brahmanism
- Who was the first foreigner who invaded India
(b) Cyrus (529 B.C. a Persian)
(d) Mohammad Bin Quasim (712 AD)
Ans. (b) Cyrus (529 B.C. a Persian)
- The Greek invader Alexander invaded India in:
(a) 326 BC
(b) 321 BC
(c) 329 BC
(d) 320 BC
Ans. (a) 326 BC
- In which language were Pitakas, the original Buddhist texts written: 72-
Ans. (a) Pali
- Outside India Buddhism was first accepted in:
(d) Sri Lanka
Ans. (d) Sri Lanka
- Chandragupta Maurya defeated which of the following persons?
Ans. (b) Seleucus
- The oldest deciphered script in India is:
Ans. (b) Brahmin
- Who founded Patliputra (Modern Patna):
(a) Ajat Shatru (480 BC)
Ans. (a) Ajat Shatru (480 BC)
- The founder of Maurya Empire in India was :
(a) Harsha Vardhan
Ans. (b) Chandragupta
- The capital of Kanishka was at :
Ans. (a) Peshawar
- Who was the grandson of Chandragupta Maurya?
Ans. (b) Ashoka