Dear Readers Welcome to our new post, in this episode, we have discussed in detail about GK Questions with Answers in English which are very useful for UPSC-Prelims, SSC, State Services, NDA, CDS, and Railway etc. competitive exams.
GK Questions with Answers in English
- Who was popularly known as the “Nightingale of India”?
(a) Vijaya Laxmi Pandit
(b) Lata Mangeshkar
(c) Sarojini Naidu
Ans. (c) Sarojini Naidu
- Birju Maharaj is well known for:
(a) Manipur Dance
(b) Odissi Dance
(c) Kathak Dance
Ans. (c) Kathak Dance
- Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma is associated with which muscial instrument:
(a) Tabla Which
Ans. (d) Santoor
- Which Indian leader opposed the Sati System.
(b) Raja Ram Mohan Rai
(c) Dayanand Sarswati
(d) Vinoba Bhave
Ans. (b) Raja Ram Mohan Rai
- Zubin Mehta the famous music composer is which country’s citizen.
Ans. (b) India
- Name the first Woman Astronaut to represent NASA:
(a) P.T. Usha
(b) Kalpana Chawla
(c) Anju Bobby
(d) Mrs. Leela Seth
Ans. (b) Kalpana Chawla
- Who is known as Frontier Gandhi
(a) M.K. Gandhi
(b) M.A. Jinah
(c) Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
(d) Mohammad. Iqbal
Ans. (c) Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
- Who was the first woman judge of Supreme Court of India?
(a) Mrs. Sahib Fatima Bibi
(b) Mrs. Leela Seth
(c) Mrs. Bula Choudhary
(d) None of these
Ans. (a) Mrs. Sahib Fatima Bibi
- Who was the first foreigner who received Bharat Ratna?
(a) Nelson Mandela
(b) Abdul Gaffar Khan
(d) Mother Teresa
(c) Lord Mountbatten
Ans. (b) Abdul Gaffar Khan
- The Person who got the highest award of two Nations is :
(a) Morarji Desai
(b) Sardar Patel
(c) J. L. Nehru
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
Ans. (a) Morarji Desai
- Which of the following fact is wrong:
(a) King Martin Luthar was U.S.A. Negro leader.
(b) Mrs. Annie Besant Irish lady became the President of Indian National Congress.
(c) The first satellite of India (1975) was named after famous Scientist Arya Bhatt.
(d) Kalidas was the contrary of Akbar.
Ans. (d) Kalidas was the contrary of Akbar.
- Which of the following pair of the person and their field is wrong:
(a) Bismillah Khan – Shehnai
(b) Kishori Amonkar – Tabla
(c) Ravi Shankar – Sitar
(d) Shiv Kumar Sharma – Santoor.
Ans. (b) Kishori Amonkar – Tabla
- Who among the following is regarded as the “Father of Russian Revolution?
(c) Karl Marx
Ans. (d) Lenin
- The renaissance of modern India was inspired and initiated by:
(a) Aurobindo Ghosh
(b) Swami Vivekanand
(c) Raja Rammohan Roy
(d) Kesubh Chandra Sen.
Ans. (c) Raja Rammohan Roy
- Which of the following pair about the player and their field is wrong:
(a) Diego Maradona – Football
(b) Mike Tyson – Boxing
(c) Mc Bride Willie – Rugby
(d) Kristiansen Ingrid – Cricket
Ans. (d) Kristiansen Ingrid – Cricket
- Which of the following pair about the person and their field is wrong:
(a) M.F. Hussain – Painter
(b) Alha Rakkha – Tabla Player
(c) Yamini Krishna Murti – Classical dancer
(d) Zakir Hussain – Singer
Ans. (d) Zakir Hussain – Singer
- Which of the following pair about the person and their contrary is wrong:
(a) Kalidas – Vikramaditya
(b) Tulsidas – Akbar
(c) Amir Khusro – Allauddin Khilji
(d) Ban Bhatt – Ashok
Ans. (d) Ban Bhatt – Ashok
- Which of the following fact is wrong:
(a) Le Corbusier (France) was the Architect of Chandigarh.
(b) Edwin Lutiyan (England) was the Architect of Rashtrapati Bhawan.
(c) Solucom (USA) was the designer of Bhakhra Dam.
(d) M. F. Hussain was the designer of Bhakhara Dam.
Ans. (d) M. F. Hussain was the designer of Bhakhara Dam.
- Which of the following pair about the person and their popular name?
(a) C. R. Das – Deshbandhu
(b) Lala Lajpat Rai-Sher-e-Punjab
(c) Bal Gangadhar Tilak – Lokmanya
(d) M. K. Gandhi – Loknayak
Ans. (d) M. K. Gandhi – Loknayak
- Which of the following pair about person and the place of their death:
(a) M. K. Gandhi – Delhi
(b) Lal Bahadur Shastri – Tashkand
(c) Lala Lajpat Rai – Allahabad
(d) Kasturba Gandhi – Aga Khan palace, Pune
Ans. (c) Lala Lajpat Rai – Allahabad
- Dhanvantry was associated with the field:
Ans. (b) Medicine
- Which of the following pair is wrong about the person and their movement:
(a) Mahatma Gandhi – Champaran
(b) Vinoba Bhave – Bhudan
(c) Annie Basent – Home Rule
(d) J. L. Nehru – Quit India
Ans. (d) J. L. Nehru – Quit India